Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0x allows for data corruption in Dom0

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:43:41AM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> >> Pasi, can you try the attached patch (which simply stubs out the new
> >> VCPUOP_register_vcpu_time_memory_area hypercall)?
> >
> > Yeah, but there's no patch attached ;)
>
> Good point. Attached now!

I grabbed the latest rc6-pre xen-unstable.hg (*), applied your patch, compiled,
copied xen-4.0.0-rc6-pre.gz to /boot and booted using it. I didn't change
anything else.

It seems the bug went away. No more corruption. I repeated the test three times.

-- Pasi

(*) earlier on this system I was using 4.0.0-rc5 built from src.rpm.