Re: [Xen-devel] live migration fails (assert in shadow_hash_delete)

On 26/02/2010 14:22, "Tim Deegan" <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'd think 20792 is a good candidate - a copy-and-paste mistake would
>> cause the page subsequent to the one allocated to be overwritten.
>> Will send a patch in a minute.
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> Keir, I'm still seeing (different) crashes on unstable tip even with
> Jan's fix; the proximate cause is c/s 20954, which changes the paths
> taken when log-dirty mode is turned off after the live migration.
>
> Reverting c/s 20954 fixes migration for me and is probably the best
> thing to get the 4.0 release schedule going again.   I'll try to find
> the actual bug at some later date.

Hm, yes, it looks like properly performing XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_OFF on a PV
domain doesn't work. Removing the break stmts stops {shadow,hap}_domctl()
ever being called for the OFF operation -- so logdirty gets disabled but
nothing else -- and then I guess that we get teardown right for domain
destruction.

 -- Keir