[Xen-devel] open-coded offsetof() in xen/include/public/ring.h

Using gcc 4.5 we're seeing a build failure of the netfront driver due to
its use of the __RING_SIZE() macro in the size specification of array
members of struct netfront_info. Since the use of pointer types in
integer constant expressions is an extension (albeit one - for the
specific form used here - so far supported by all compilers Xen
appears to be used with, and certainly all of the ones I was able to
test), I wonder whether requiring offsetof() to be defined in order
to use __RING_SIZE (or really a clone thereof usable in constant
expressions, since in that case a type rather than a pointer ought to
be passed in) would be acceptable.

Jan