[Xen-devel] Re: xen/next Linux 2.6.32 pv_ops dom0 kernel

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:27:55PM -0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 02/20/2010 07:29 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> I just tried the latest xen/next 2.6.32 64bit dom0 kernel with Xen 4.0.0-rc4
>> hypervisor.
>> It seems to build, boot and work for me.
>>
>> I'm able to run PV guests without problems!
>>

> That's great news.
>
> What's your config?  Are you using pvgrub?  What are your block and net
> devices?

.config here:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/config-2.6.32-pvops-dom0-xen-next-x86_64

I was using pygrub, not pvgrub.. also I was using phy: backed LVM volumes,
and just the normal bridged vif configuration.

> At the very least pvgrub/minios fails in very obscure ways and needs to
> give better diagnostics.  But there may also be some outright bugs in
> there which are triggering non-deterministically...

Ok.. I can try pvgrub after a couple of days when I'm back from travelling
and have access to my testing equipment.

-- Pasi