Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-4.0/linux-pvops: System hangup/crash after exiting X

On Friday 19 February 2010 09:07:40 am Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 18/02/2010 23:43, "Mark Hurenkamp" <mark.hurenkamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With an older xen-4.0-rc3-pre, this also happened, but it seemed to
> > recover from this after a 60-90 seconds stall, and so i never really
> > regarded this as
> > a big problem, but now it won't recover anymore, which makes it
> > impossible to shutdown the system properly after use.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what is happening here?
> > And more importantly, is there anything i can do to fix this?
>
> Did you change your dom0 kernel meanwhile? The problem probably resides
> there.
>
>  -- Keir

Still the same kernel... but i noticed behavior is not always the same,
sometimes it will timeout, and i get a working prompt with a warning that i
should reboot, and then it will properly shutdown.
Other times, it will just get stuck in this situation, and after a few minutes
i will just press the reset button.
Lately it's been getting stuck more often than not. I thought it could be due
to the xen updates, but it may just as well be due to changes in my xorg.conf,
i've been changing it a lot lately.

I have updated the dom0 kernel this morning to latest xen/master, but the
issue still remains.

Regards,
Mark.