Re: [Xen-devel] increasing the number of guests (NR_DYNIRQS)

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 13:41 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 20/02/2010 11:54, "Tim Post" <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> #define NR_DYNIRQS           1024
> >>
> >> (it defaults to 256)
> >
> > I've done the same thing several times without breaking anything. What I
> > could not see is how much more expensive 1024 is than 256. Like you, I
> > had hosts with guests way north of 200 that did very little, so ...
>
> Yeah, could even just change to 1024 statically. I don't think it's very
> expensive.
>
>  -- Keir

I think xenstat is capped way below that, so changing this is probably
going to require some love there too, else xentop might not show all
guests.

AFAIK, it was 256, ICBW, I'll check when I get back to my desk. I
mention it so this doesn't go in without checking.

Cheers,
--Tim