[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] GPLPV uninstaller

Does this BAT file work with newer versions?

On 16 May 2009 04:47, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've just uploaded a couple of .bat files to
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/gplpv_uninstall_bat.zip that will
manually (and forcibly) uninstall GPLPV from your computer, which seems
to be necessary before doing upgrades from some versions. Run the
uninstaller, reboot, then install. There is a 0.9.x and a 0.10.x
uninstaller, which differ slightly, but the basic steps performed are:

. stop the shutdownmon service
. remove the %ProgramFiles%\Xen PV Drivers directory and all contents
. delete all files matching %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\xen*
. delete any oem*.inf and oem*.pnf files from %SYSTEMROOT%\INF that
contain the text 'xen'
. delete all HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Xen* from the
registry
. delete all references to 'xenhide' as a filter in the registry

I haven't tested the 0.9.x version in a little while but it worked last
time I tried it. After running the 0.10.x uninstaller on a system with
0.10.0.47 installed, then rebooting, then installing 0.10.0.69, I found
that the network driver didn't work until the next reboot, at which
point it asked to be installed and then worked fine. Not sure why yet.

James