Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] XCP Downloading and Xen.org

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Marco Sinhoreli <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:00:11 -0200
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:01:10 -0800

Hello all:

I'm a globo.com staff and we are located in Brazil. We can help with that Âmaking a mirror in our infrastructure. So, I need know total size data filesÂand the XCP rsync server Âto automatize the between master and mirror.

CheersÂ

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 02:57:25PM -0500, Dustin Henning wrote:
> Â ÂI assume adding them to bittorrent is a good idea, as a lot of users will
> Â Âprobably use a torrent program to get them, lessening the impact on the
> Â Âproject's bandwidth. ÂHowever, that shouldn't be the only way to get the
> Â Âproduct. ÂFedora and CentOS both have CD ISO and DVD ISO torrents, many
> Â Âmirrors have CD ISOs, a few have the DVD ISOs as well. ÂIs it possible to
> Â Âget XCP added to some mirrors as well?

Yeah, It should be possible to get XCP to some ftp/http mirrors.
Does someone have good contacts?

-- Pasi

> Â ÂFrom: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Â Â[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen
> Â ÂSpector
> Â ÂSent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 14:29
> Â ÂTo: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
> Â Âxen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Â ÂSubject: [Xen-users] XCP Downloading and Xen.org
>

> Â ÂXen Community:
>

> Â ÂAs you are aware, the Xen Cloud Platform has been available for download
> Â Âsince last November and is becoming a very successful release for Xen.org.
> Â ÂIn fact, we are seeing substantial network Âtraffic for this solution as
> Â Âwe had 26 TB of data from XCP downloads in the past 4 weeks. Of course,
> Â Âthis amount of traffic is forcing a re-examination of our co-location
> Â Âagreements as we are moving toward the limit of our monthly bandwidth and
> Â Âmay face substantial increases in costs as XCP continues to find new
> Â Âusers.
>

> Â ÂI have a proposal to move the XCP iso images to bittorrent for downloads,
> Â Âthereby reducing the bandwidth pressure on the Xen.org website. I am
> Â Âlooking for community feedback on this idea and look forward to your
> Â Âthoughts.
>

> Â ÂThank you.
>

> Â ÂStephen Spector
>

> Â ÂXen.org Community Manager
>
> Â ÂT: (772) 621-5062 | F: (772) 365-0338 | M: (954) 854-4257
>
> Â Âstephen.spector@xxxxxxx
>
> Â Âhttp://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr

Marco Sinhoreli