[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] 2.6.32.6 (baremetal) fails to restart Intel i7 860 with P55 chipset.

From: viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] 2.6.32.6 (baremetal) fails to restart Intel i7 860 with P55 chipset.
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:19:54 -0500

> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:58:47 -0500
> From: konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.32.6 (baremetal) fails to restart Intel i7 860 with P55 chipset.
> CC: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > 2.6.32.8http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.32.8.tar.bz2
> > I will download the tarball and compile it ASAP.
> >
> > **EDIT**
> >
> > This kernel does the same hang. The good news is this might just be an issue with my hardware right? The bad news is I am not sure on what to try next. Has anyone got any suggestions?
> >

> Try the latest one. 2.6.33-rc<soimething> IT might have a fix for this.

OK. I will download that tarball and compile it ASAP.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.bz2

**EDIT**

Same story as the last, reboot still hangs even with the newest kernel available. Again the oddest thing is how the Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel reboots fine. Is it possible that Linux does not yet support my style motherboard? Is it Debian Lenny? Is there an issue with my /etc/inittab

# What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

If anyone else is running a similar hardware setup, what kernel are you using, what kernel arguments do you pass at bootup, and does your Linux hang on reboot?

Windows® phone-your Windows stuff, on the go. See more.