[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Para_virtualised Kernel for running XEN-3.2 on Thamesblue Supercomputer

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 11:49:49AM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 01:59:12PM +0000, Ahmad Hassan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are trying to setup XEN testbed on Thamesblue supercomputer which has IBM
> > JS2X blade servers. I know that XEN 3.2 was the last release which supports
> > PowerPC. We want to give it a try now. We are running SLES 10.2 and Gentoo
> > on these blades. Can anyone please tell me which Pv_ops kernel should I use
> > for setting up XEN 3.2 on powerpc?
>
> Can't do. There are no patches in the PPC arch to utilize Xen. I think
> IBM has dropped development in that area and are recommending LPARs to
> customers.

Yeah. I guess the only possibility is to use the linux-2.6.18-xen ppc patches
that were made back in the days.

I think they're not complete, so there might be some hacking to do to get them
working.

See these threads:

"[Xen-devel] XEN Support for IBM JS20 PowerPC":
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-12/msg00769.html
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-12/msg00774.html

"[XenARM] Weird initialization in PPC port":
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-03/msg01797.html

"[Xen-devel] Fedora Xen PPC integration report 2/20":
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-02/msg00815.html

-- Pasi