Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable & pvops on *Suse distro? successful howto?

  • To: 0bo0 <0.bugs.only.0@xxxxxxxxx>, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:00:59 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:01:58 -0800

Install 11.2 + Xen Host via original  DVD  and run "zypper update kernel-xen" or just "zypper update"

Jan's Beulich 2.6.31.8-01-xen would be installed.
Then take look  at /boot/grub/menu.lst.
You would probably realize  , that *Suse*  is not the best place to build any xen stuff from source, except maybe new xenified kernel via Novell's Repos.

Boris.

P.S. If you wonna build from source candidate 1 - F12, candidate 2 - Ubuntu
Karmic Koala Server, candidate 3 - Gentoo ( having problems with Internet connectivity)