RE: [Xen-devel] "Iomem mapping not permitted" during windows crashdump under GPLPV

> No, the basic p2m code doesn't allow aliasing (because it tries to
> maintain a coherent m2p table).  The recent page-sharing patches from
> Grzegorz Milos relax that restriction, though IIRC only for explicit
> sharing operations managed by dom0.  I'm sure it could be extended to
> cover this case.
>
> What's the problem with just ignoring the errors when a frontend page
> doesn't exist, though?

It's mainly the noise. When I'm testing something and I get a crash, I
like to check 'xm dmesg' to see if my driver did anything stupid. During
some recent testing I was mapping an invalid page somewhere (due to
leaking grant refs and not detecting that I'd run out) which gave me a
bunch of errors in 'xm dmesg', including the ones caused by the crash
dump itself which confused things a bit.

At the end of the day though, a crash dump only occurs when something
has gone really wrong. Hibernation will have the same problems but there
are only a few cases where you would ever want to hibernate a DomU
anyway.

So if the solution is worse than the problem then I've got no objection
to leaving things as they are.

James