Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.2 hypervisor crash, Cannot access memory beyond end of bootstrap direct-map area, Unknown interrupt

On 29/01/2010 02:54, "gabor" <szilagyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds something interesting ... to try...
> Could you give some pointers as to how to compile the hypervisor as
> 64-bit???
>
> I currently have a 32-bit setup but the hardware (CPU/MB/RAMetc) is
> 64-bit capable and I could just run 32-bit domUs I wanted to run more
> than a bare dom0 on the hardware for continutity ....  but I am kind of
> free to try ANYTHING .... but I need to run stuff in Debian/32-bit ...
>
> So can you tell me how to compile a 64-bit xen.gz on my current Debian
> 32-bit PAE setup??? (the host needs to be up for certain other things
> although 24/7 is not an issue...)

Assuming you know how to download and build and install 32-bit Xen, what you
may be able to do is: cd xen; XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_64 make install

It depends if your 32-bit gcc can cross-compile to 64-bit target.

 -- Keir