Re: [Xen-devel] Qestion to gfx-passthrough to HVM linux domU

  • To: "Timothy J. Moore" <Timothy.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:26:24 +0100
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 06:26:50 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: s=s1536a; d=ts.fujitsu.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-SBRSScore:X-IronPort-AV:Received:X-IronPort-AV: Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:User-Agent:Cc: References:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id; b=Xs/jx/XPFFYZXPqEcneNCnvJKgP1TF/vO9sRKaMUtlHR7XgHss3DIQrA SvtaVQ0dlsTTPkTeQeGjLldDAuZPN9qaucarQU5wB4nRxOCD8wKRkPudQ AWZ6PE5USLI2s5ieDH3v356P+B8tg/SR4acffv4OshigGJJ7/2tBPHuCL afPeaV8ajYxgF04SglwLKZDaMSXN3XeDUzUdCF16DYXkKX7u+QHsdLeoC iqArqAyq5MwMIjBArGFgc6xE87cT7;

Hi Timothy,

Am 27.01.2010 schrieb Timothy J. Moore:
> Hi Dietmar,
>
> Your card does not support FLR, but it should still work - the 1 time and
> then Dom0 will need rebooting to reset the VGA card.

I never see the boot loader screen, not either after a dom0 reboot and starting
the domU.

> Sometimes TEXTMODE on the VGA does not work, then kdm loads with VGA mode and
> you see DomU gfx. Ok!

Yes, this is what I see.

> Try creating a Serial port in DomU and using minicom etc in Dom0 (or via SSH
> to Dom0) and debug via the Serial port.

I have access via a serial console in domU and the "xm console ..." in dom0.

> Which patches did you apply?

xen-vBAR-pBAR.patch
qemu-change-for-vBAR-pBAR.patch
qemu-change-for-vBAR-pBAR.patch
parts of xen-load-vbios-file.patch
parts of xen-gfx-passthrough-v2.patch

I use SLES11 SP1 Beta2 with a xen-4.0.0-pre version.

Dietmar.

--
Company details: http://ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html