Re: [Xen-devel] collecting info on platforms with VT-d BIOS problems

Hello Allen,

My problem before Weidongs workarounds was that VT-D would be switched off due
to RMRR base address > end address when using a pci-e graphics card which
disables the IGD on my platform (Q45 chipset).
Since his workarounds this doesn't happen anymore though one warning remains.

So there are to issues:
- RMRR address range not in reserved memory base = 7f000000 end = 7effffff;
iommu_inclusive_mapping=1 parameter may be needed.
- And as you see if it was included this RMRR is still invalid because the base
address > end address (which was previously the cause that xen switched off
vt-d alltogether, but this error isn't reported separately anymore)

I have attached:
- xm info output, that should satisfy (c)
- serial log booting with and without iommu_inclusive_mapping=1 option, this
should satisfy (d)
- output lspci -vvvknn

Ad (a):
- Asus P5Q-EM DO
- Q45 intel chipset
- Q9400 intel processor
- Ati Radeon HD 4850 GPU

Ad (b):
- bios version (latest available): P5Q-EM DO 1102 BIOS, date 2009/06/05

Regards,

Sander

--
Best regards,