Re: [Xen-devel] Remus and Kemari...

Em Quinta-feira 21 Janeiro 2010, às 08:43:27, Pasi Kärkkäinen escreveu:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:40:35AM -0200, Gilberto Nunes wrote:

> > Em Quinta-feira 21 Janeiro 2010, às 08:16:55, você escreveu:

> > Hi Pasi

> > > Not sure if Fast Ethernet is enough for Remus syncing?

> > Well, I try too with crossover network cable, in Giga Ethernet, but I

> > have the same...

> > > I bet he meant "do you have high load on dom0", aka do you have high

> > > cpu usage in dom0? Try running "xm top" to figure out. And also normal

> > > "top" in dom0.

> > Ok... I run xm top and get this:

> > NAME

> > Domain-0

> > STATE

> > -----r

> > CPU(sec)

> > 135

> > CPU(%)

> > 0.6

> So it's not using much CPU.

right... indeed I have just one VM running right now... My server has 8G amount of memory and it is a Intel Xeon E3113 3.00 GHZ

> > MEM(k)

> > 7226368

> > MEM(%)

> > 86.2

> Did you configure dom0_mem= for Xen?

Yes! It's dangerous or not!!

> See:

> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

> Or is there something in dom0 using all the memory for real?

no... all clean... :)

> Run "top" in dom0, and sort by memory usage by pressing shift+m.

> > MAXME(k)

> > no limit

> > MAXMEM(%)

> > n/a

> > VCPUS

> > 2

> > Something wrong!!!

> > > See:

> > > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems

> > > There's a chapter called "How can I limit the number of vcpus my dom0

> > > has?" and "Can I dedicate a cpu core (or cores) only for dom0?"

> > I see... However, this procedure do not take alway the beneficity of

> > multi- core processors to my VM's!!!!

> You can still use multiple cores on your VMs.

> If you don't want to dedicate a core only for dom0, at least configure the

> domain weights so that dom0 is guaranteed to get enough CPU time.

So, in theoretical way, Remus would running properly with this adjust right! (sorry, I using now KDE 4 on opensuse, and I cannot yet configure my keyboard proerly, so the dor question go always from my board...rsrsrsr...)

Thanks for all....

--

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

TI