Re: [Xen-devel] trouble with the new mmap-batch interface

On 21/01/2010 08:38, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Jan: Is it in fact a bug, because IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH is similarly
>> structured (but legitimately, in that case)?
>
> Generally I intended the caller to zero the array. If that's not a good
> idea, I can certainly put together patches (linux and libxc) that remove
> that assumption.

Well I think it's a bad idea. I can't imagine the saved copy_to_user() is
significantly expensive, and it makes the interface a bit confusing but in a
way that sometimes still works and then sometimes fails. So please make some
patches.

> If you'd like to leave the assumption in, then c/s 20822
> (fixing domain save) will also need another adjustment (using realloc()
> inside the loop doesn't seem very nice anyway - allocating the array
> where the other two arrays get allocated would be more consistent).

You can make this consistent in a separate patch, if you like.

 -- Keir