Re: [Xen-users] ntpd under Xen Dom0 exhibits extremely high jitter/noise? runs stable/quiet under non-xen kernel.

On 17/01/2010 22:21, "mail ignored" <0.bugs.only.0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Possibly Xen's
>> 'clocksource=' boot option could be used to select a different platform
>> timer exhibiting less jitter.
>
> currently, i have " ... clocksource=xen ... "

I meant clocksource= on Xen's command line, not dom0's. I don't think it
even has an effect when specified to a kernel running on Xen.

For example, you could try clocksource=acpi, or clocksource=pit. And then
check that the 'Platform timer is...' line from Xen boot output changes
correspondingly.

 -- Keir