RE: [Xen-devel] pre-reservation of memory for domain creation

>>> "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx> 13.01.10 03:34 >>>
>If we didn't add this change, as Keir said, Xen will crash during destruction
>of partially-created domain.

If this indeed is reproducible, I think it should be fixed.

>However I didn't noticed the toolstack and shadow_min_acceptable_pages() side
>at that time...
>For now, should we adjust the shadow pre-alloc size to match
>shadow_min_acceptable_pages() and modify toolstack accordingly?

I would say so, just with the problem that I can't reliable say what
"accordingly" here would be (and hence I can't craft a patch I can guarantee
will work at least in most of the cases).

And as said before, I'm also not convinced that using the maximum possible
number of vCPU-s for this initial calculation is really the right thing to do.

Jan