RE: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB system

So, checking my understanding, the underlying problem is that
shadow->tsc_timestamp has essentially stopped but hardware tsc has
continued moving forward?  Thus in timer_interrupt() (in time-xen.c)
shadow->system_timestamp will be stale and so get_nsec_offset()
is returning a large number, resulting in a large delta,
which in turn causes jiffies to be incremented by a large
amount which, if the interrupt happens by coincidence in the
middle of the first while loop in calibrate_delay_direct()
(in init/calibrate.c) and the large jiffies increment happens
to be enough to wrap, the while loop will run for weeks.

If this is right, I'm still not clear on how it can be fixed
in Xen.