Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable and Remus (It's drive me crazy...)

On Friday, 18 December 2009 at 11:43, gilberto nunes wrote:
> Hi again...
>
> Now, I active -i 1000 on remus tool and I have VM on both sides with
> -b---- state!
>
> This is a normal behavior???

No, that happens if the backup thinks that the primary failed, but it
hasn't. In this case, it's because the primitive heartbeat built into
Remus expects traffic at least every 500ms, so at 1000 it's not
getting it. I'd recommend keeping -i at or below the default of 200
until we make the heartbeat smarter. You could also use something like
linux-HA's STONETH to kill off the primary before unleashing the
backup on the world. Seamless integration with linux-ha is a TODO
item.