[Xen-devel] Re: Live migration fails due to c/s 20627

On 15/12/2009 19:20, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Ah, right.  You'd need to make that particular illegal
>> instruction vmexit.
>
> Or make ALL illegal instructions vmexit, decode, if rdtscp
> emulate it, else vmenter again.
>
> Is this not done anyplace else in the hvm code?

Oh, in fact I am wrong in my previous email, replying to Jeremy, claiming we
do not trap-and-emulate on illegal instructions. In fact we *do*, as it got
added to handle SYSCALL vs SYSENTER when migrating between Intel and AMD
hosts.

So all that would need to be done is to add RDTSCP support to x86_emulate.c,
as it's currently missing. But that's pretty trivial.

 -- Keir