Re: [Xen-devel] Re: how to balloon memory with a Windows guest domainunder Xen

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:52:28AM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> James Harper wrote:
> >>To balloon a Windows guest, you need a balloon driver installed in
> >>Windows.  You can find them here:
> >> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv
> >>

> >The code to support ballooning isn't really working yet. It's on my list
> >of things to do but hasn't been high priority at this point.
> >
> In that case, you might look at the binary Citrix drivers provided along
> with the Xen Cloud Edition.  I believe the installer can be found on the
> main iso available on the xen.org website.  However, I've never
> installed them, and there may be some extra steps required to get them
> working.

Here's the patch to Xen that enables Citrix/XCP Windows PV drivers to
work on "normal" Xen:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00932.html
http://xenbits.xen.org/xen-unstable.hg?rev/be9b8be3c648

If you don't want to patch your Xen, check out these emails:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00147.html
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00201.html

(For the manual Xenstore change, and the Windows registry change).

-- Pasi