[Xen-devel] Re: libxenlight and memory for domain creation

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> Hi Stefano (and other libxenlight developers) --
>
> I was wondering about how libxenlight does physical memory
> management and perused the code a bit.
>
> From what I see, it appears that libxenlight is completely
> ignorant of a machine's physical memory utilization, so
> I assume this must be handled/managed by higher level tools?
> (If I'm wrong about this, could you point me to the code
> that determines if there is enough physical memory available?)
>
> Also, I see that libxenlight handles the "memory" VM config
> parameter but not "maxmem".  Is this intentional?

One of the (few) missing pieces in libxenlight is memory management,
this is the reason why you cannot find anything related to memory at
the moment.

Libxenlight will never implement complicated algorithms to relocate the
available memory across multiple VMs, but it definitely should implement
the low level functions to change memory and maxmem in a guest.