Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with 2.6.30 pv-ops domU

On 11/30/09 13:44, Jia Rao wrote:
> OK, the shrinking is working now. What I do now is to set a large
> initial memory size.
>
> Another problem is with the newest pv_ops kernel.
>
> I downloaded the xen-unstable, and compiled it under fedora 10.
>
> Dom0 booted fine, but when I cp the dom0 to a domU (what I did in the
> stable xen release, convert physical to virtual), the domU can boot,
> but immediately the vcpu(i set to 2) shrinked to 1 vcpu and the cpu
> was 100% busy there.

What do you mean by "shrinked to 1"?

> ping and xm console returned nothing.
>
> The same thing happened when I install a precompiled pv_ops kernel to
> my old domUs.
> I tried xen 3.3.1 (2.6.18.8 dom0) and xen-unstable(2.6.31.6 dom0),
> same problem.
> So I think the problem should be the pv_ops kernel.

What happens if you run with one vcpu?
What messages are printed when it boots?  Any?  Do you have
"earlyprintk=xen" on the kernel command line?
Does it respond to sysrq?
Can you get any info about the domain with xenctx?

> Do I need some special configuration for pv_ops kernel to use as a domU?

No.