[Xen-devel] Testing for domain states (before starting, before restarting, and after "save")

Is there a way (in the hypervisor) to test a domain to see if is created but has not yet executed its first instruction (or has been restored/live-migrated but has not yet executed its first instruction post-restore)?  Or to see if it has been stopped in anticipation of a save (or live migrate) and will not execute more instructions unless/until it is restored (or revived on the live-migrate target machine)?

I'm writing routines for tsc_mode that assumes each of those conditions and, rather than just comment about it, thought it would be nice to fail if the assumption is incorrect.  If not (or if it is too complicated), I'll just use comments.

Thanks,
Dan