RE: [Xen-devel] Re: APIC rework

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 11/16/09 19:45, Keir Fraser wrote:
>> It's kind of a shame to need this though. Is there no way for the
>> hypervisor to work out automatically whether an older dom0 is
>> running? Or work out the trigger/level stuff for itself (after all
>> it parses the relevant bios tables just like dom0)?
>
> If Xen can set the interrupt triggering by itself, why would it ever
> need dom0 to do it?  Couldn't it just preconfigure all the pins, and
> then wait for dom0 to provide/request the pirq<->evtchn mapping?

After reviewing the logic, I think we can use DOMID_SELF to identify new dom0.
In linux-2.6.18 dom0, only qemu uses this hypercall for device assginment, so
map->domid shouldn't be dom0.  If old dom0/qemu with this hypercall, keeps the
logic unchanged, and only change the logic for new dom0 when call into it.
Attached the patch.
Xiantao