RE: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.1 NUMA support

> > I'd really like to see us enumerate pCPUs in a sensible order so that
> it's
> > easier to see the topology.  It should be nodes.sockets.cores{.threads},
> > leaving gaps for missing execution units due to hot plug or non power of
> two
> > packing.
> > Right now we're inconsistent in the enumeration order depending on how
> the
> > BIOS has set things up. It would be great if someone could volunteer to
> fix
> > this...
>
> Even better would be to have pCPUs addressable and listable explicitly as
> dotted tuples. That can be implemented entirely within the toolstack, and
> could even allow wildcarding of tuple components to efficiently express
> cpumasks.

Yes, I'd certainly like to see the toolstack support dotted tuple notation.

However, I just don't trust the toolstack to get this right unless xen has
already set it up nicely for it with a sensible enumeration and defined
sockets-per-node, cores-per-socket and threads-per-core parameters. Xen should
provide a clean interface to the toolstack in this respect.

Ian