Re: [Xen-devel] Latest pvops hangs on boot

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 02:16:25PM -0700, Williams, Mitch A wrote:
> Looking for a little advice here.  I've compiled the latest xen-unstable tree
> along with the latest pvops kernel from Jeremy's git tree.
>
> Xen boots and loads the Linux kernel but then the system spews a bunch of
> errors and hangs.  I've set up my serial cable to capture the log, which is
> appended to this email.

There does not seem to be any Dom0 output. It might be that the hang is not in
the Xen but in Dom0. Try these boot arguments:

title Fedora (2.6.31.5)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel  /xen-3.5-unstable.gz console=com1,vga guest_loglvl=all
loglvl=all console_sync console_to_ring
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.31.5 ro
root=UUID=d6d08653-4a4f-4d41-87f2-f42fb7fe3ad5 initrd_ignore_loglevel
sysrq_always_enable earlyprintk=xen console=tty console=hvc0 loglevel=10 debug
        module /initrd-2.6.31.5.img

Obviously, replace the names of the vmlinuz, initrd, etc as they might
be different on your machine.