RE: [Xen-devel] pv 2.6.31 (kernel.org) and save/migrate, domU BUG()

> > Ok, so it appears there is something problematic with
> > saving an upstream kernel.  It might be (partially) fixed
> > in Fedora 12 or maybe there is some other environmental
> > difference which makes save fail entirely on my system.
> >

> Yeah, fedora kernel has some patches, but it should be pretty
> close to upstream kernel..
>
> btw was your guest UP or SMP? Mine was UP..

Mine was SMP... switching to UP I can now save.  BUT...
restore doesn't seem to quite work.  The restore completes
but I get no response from the VNC console.  When I
use a tty console, after restore, I am getting
an infinite dump of

WARNING: at arch/x86/time.c:180 xen_sched_clock+0x2b

(see attached).

Did you try restore on Fedora 12?

> > > Did you try with that patch applied?
> >
> > No, the patch wasn't posted, just a pull request to Linus,
> > so I don't have the patch (and am not a git expert so
> > am not sure how to get it).
> >
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-11/msg00182.html
> >
> > So I'll try it again when .6 or .7 is available.
>
> See here for changelog:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=bugfix
>
> You can get the diffs/patches from there using the links..

Thanks.  Yes, Jeremy's patch allows 2.6.31.5 (in a PV domain)
to completely boot on my Nehalem box.