Re: [Xen-devel] performance tools on xen

  • To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 04:21:26 -0500
  • Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jose Renato GSantos <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>, Dante Cinco <dantecinco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:21:54 -0800

Even the latest version of oprofile doesn't have the passive-domain profiling option, which I personally prefer. You could get the patches from http://xenoprof.sourceforge.net
A useful guide for xenoprof is http://xen.org/files/summit_3/xenoprof_tutorial.pdf

Maybe it's time those changes are checked-in too (into oprofile). But, Jose knows better.

-dulloor

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please help me starting profiling my xen3.4.1 with pv kernel 2.6.31.4 on fedora11 platform. I have confusions in installing and using latest version of Oprofile with xenoprof.

Regards,
Fasiha Ashraf