Re: [Xen-devel] How to Stop scheduler

  • To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Pankaj Parakh <me.pankajparakh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 00:32:23 +0530
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:02:45 -0800

 If I pause a vcpu/domain using those functions, say if a domain's I/O
request over then its interrupt will raise and it can restart its
scheduling rite..?? How this interrupts are/ can be queued so that
when the vcpu is in pause state, it should nat change its state and
when it come back to wait state, those interrupt will not be lost..

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you mean that you want to stop one specific vcpu / domain from
> being scheduled?
>
> If so, you're looking for the following functions:
> vcpu_pause(), vcpu_unpause()
> domain_pause(), domain_unpause().
>
> They're defined in xen/common/domain.c.
>
>  -George
>

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Pankaj Parakh <me.pankajparakh@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am working on a project wherein I wanted to stop the scheduling
>> activity in hypervisor through 'generic' part of scheduler, I have lil
>> confusion as to what all things I need to mask/stop for disabling
>> hypervisor to schedule any vcpu untill I want.
>>
>> Issues which I can think are about I/O waits or Zombie VCPUs. But how
>> to tackle them... I dont know..
>>
>> I wanted to know what all responsibility the generic scheduler holds
>> in hypervisor,
>>
>> Any type of info or pointer can be useful.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pankaj Parakh

Pankaj Parakh