Re: [Xen-devel] bug in windows "on_reboot = 'preserve'"

James Harper writes ("[Xen-devel] bug in windows "on_reboot = 'preserve'""):
> Prior to 3.4.x (I think), when I said "on_reboot = 'preserve'" in the
> config, vnc would show me a windows BSOD just fine. For 3.4.1, I just
> get a garbed screen.
>
> Any suggestions as to what changed?

As Keir says, 3.4's qemu-dm is based on a substantially later upstream
version of qemu.  However the video code is much less significantly
changed and it might actually be possible to debug it.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.  How do I get my Windows
guest to BSOD ? :-)

Ian.