Re: [Xen-devel] vmx problem

  • To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:18:08 +0800
  • Cc: "Fajar A." <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, xen <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 22:18:39 -0700

It is normally enabled in the BIOS. There should be an option called Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled or Disabled

What is the brand/model of your motherboard?

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Alma Maters:

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>It's a processor flag telling you that you have processor virtualization support
I just need to make sure that its enabled or not, by running this command in my dom0.
#grep vmx /proc/cpuinfo
It can be enabled somewhere in BIOS or if there is any other method please help me setting this flag for my intel xeon quad core processor.

Regards,
Fasiha Ashraf