Re: [Xen-devel] Strange error in domU after dom0 update

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your ideas!

Zitat von Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>:

Is there some reason why you didn't get the latest stable Xen release?
which is Xen 3.4.1.
Yes - I need some features from xen-unstable.

Also on production you might want to run linux-2.6.18-xen.hg on dom0, or
then the OpenSUSE forward-ported (non pv_ops) dom0 patches for 2.6.31.4.

See: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels
Thanks for the hint - I'll also try with other dom0 kernels.

Maybe you should try with LVM or file-backed domU disks first.
In the meantime I run some tests with file-backed domUs - which all work fine.

WHY DOES THE BEHAVIOR OF A domU CHANGE WHEN THE dom0 IS EXCHANGED?

Because there's something clearly wrong; the iSCSI connection shouldn't
drop.

Debug that and solve the problem.

This is what I'm currently trying ;-)

What I recognized is, that the domU on xen-unstable is somewhat slower than on the working xen-3.2.1 system. Had a closer look at the boot messages and found one difference:

xen-3.2.1 system:
[    0.000000] Xen reported: 2793.000 MHz processor.

xen-unstable:
[    0.000000] Xen reported: 1000.000 MHz processor.

Except from /proc/cpuinfo of the dom0 (both versions):
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
cpu MHz         : 2793.002

I'm completely unsure if this has something to do with the problem - but at least it can explain something.

Can anybody please tell me, if this is a bug or a feature - or maybe even a configuration parameter?

Kind regards - Andreas