RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable]vt-d: Fixpanic in msi_msg_read_remap_rte with acpi=off

Miroslav Rezanina wrote:
> Hi Dexuan,
> you're right. We should print warning. In your patch, I do not
> understand
> why you put comment only in setup_dom0_devices function. There is more
> calling of domain_context_mapping and we check NULL also in
In other places, the retuen value of domain_context_mapping() has been checked
properly, e.g., passing to the caller, so we wouldn't ignore the failure. :-)

> domain_context_unmap and reassign_device_ownership. We should put
> warning in there too, shouldn't we?
domain_context_unmap() is invoked in 2 places:
1) in intel_iommu_remove_device(), the return value has been propagated
properly;
2) in reassign_device_ownership(), invoking reassign_device_ownership implies
the device has been successfully assigned and the domain_context_mapping()
returned success, so here the domain_context_unmap() can't fail.

The other returing place in reassign_device_ownership()  has been propagated
properly to the caller.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan