Re: [Xen-devel] Video Presentation on PCI Express x16 VGA Pass Through to Xen-based Windows XP Home Edition HVM Virtual Machine

> > Did you change the build-id of Xen between the tests? Meaning did you
> > check out a newer one between the releases?
> >

> No. I did not change the changesets of xen between the tests.

Good.

> > What is your underlaying disk for your guest?
> >

> I am not using a disk image file. I am using LVM2 logical volume for my Win
> XP Home guest.

Right. There were two other disks in the screenshots. Did either one of them
contain the "virtualmachines" VG?

> > Did you flush the cache before you ran the tests?
> > echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
> >

> No I did not. I am not aware of this requirement.

Please do.

> > Are you using stub-domain or normal QEMU?
> >

> I don't think I am using stub-domain. I should be using normal QEMU.

You are not based on your guest configuration.

.. snip ..
> > How many iterations of the disk I/O benchmark did you run? As in, are those
> > screenshots of the first run, or the average over a couple of them.
> >

> They are not averages. They are first runs.

Do the numbers stay about the same on 2.6.31.1 if you run it a couple of times?
(And flush
the cache between each run, that is it)