Re: [Xen-devel] Help with CONFIG_COMPAT

And I think it's time to delete the construct - it was intended to have a way
to quickly disable the compat mode support in case it breaks, but there's
sufficient use of that feature by now so that I don't think it can reasonably
be disabled anymore. Or does someone think it would be helpful to be
able to cut down on the hypervisor size if someone really doesn't care
about it?

Jan

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08.10.09 08:41 >>>
CONFIG_COMPAT is always set for 64-bit hypervisor. You can consider it
equivalent to CONFIG_X86_64 really, but it's generally used to indicate
stuff relating to the compat shim.

Theoretically if CONFIG_COMPAT were not set then 64-bit Xen could not run
32-bit guests (dom0 or domU). But CONFIG_COMPAT is never disabled in
practice.

 -- Keir