Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging XEN Hypervisor

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 06:56:29 +0530
Pankaj Parakh <me.pankajparakh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I want to know which debugger I can use to debug Hypervisor, I am
> trying to try a scheduler in XEN. Where can I find tutorial/doc to
> use any debugger.

To debug hypervisor/dom0, you could use kdb. See :

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/debuggers.hg

I refreshed it few weeks ago. You could always refresh to latest by
just applying the diff between current kdb vesion and lastest c/s in
unstable. Start with kdb/README. You'd need to setup serial console. It
will let you set breakpoints, single step, look at virtual/machine
memory, set watchpoint, do p2m and m2p translations, look at page
structs, domain structs, vcpu structs, VMCB/VMCS, etc.... I'm always
adding new features/commands to it.

BTW, if anyone wants to debug guest VM, then gdbsx can be used. Same
tree.

I should be submitting patch soon.

thanks
Mukesh