Re: [Xen-devel] Error restoring DomU when using GPLPV

just in case someone missed the thread earlier,

3 = 1 shinfo + 2 gnt frames default.

so, tot_pages + shinfo + num gnt frames.

Mukesh

Dan Magenheimer wrote:
Before we close down this thread, I have a concern:

According to Mukesh, the fix to this bug is dependent
on the pv drivers tracking tot_pages for a domain
and ballooning to ensure tot_pages+3 does not exceed
max_pages for the domain.

Well, tmem can affect tot_pages for a domain inside
the hypervisor without any notification to pv drivers
or the balloon driver.  And I'd imagine that PoD and
future memory optimization mechanisms such as
swapping and page-sharing may do the same.

So this solution seems very fragile.

Dan