Re: [Xen-devel] Error restoring DomU when using GPLPV

Not all those pages are special. Frames fc0xx will be ACPI tables, resident
in ordinary guest memory pages, for example. Only the Xen-heap pages are
special and need to be (1) skipped; or (2) unmapped by the HVMPV drivers on
suspend; or (3) accounted for by HVMPV drivers by unmapping and freeing an
equal number of domain-heap pages. (1) is 'nicest' but actually a bit of a
pain to implement; (2) won't work well for live migration, where the pages
wouldn't get unmapped by the drivers until the last round of page copying;
and (3) was apparently tried by Annie but didn't work? I'm curious why (3)
didn't work - I can't explain that.

 -- Keir