RE: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1

Hi,

My hardware configuration is as follows:

Intel Desktop Board DQ45CB
BIOS Flashed from version 0063 to 0093
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300
PCI Express x16 Graphics card NVIDIA chipset
8 GB DDR2-800

My software configuration is as follows:

Fedora 11 64-bit host operating system
Jeremy's pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.30 rc3 and 2.6.31 rc6
Xen 3.4.1 testing

When I tried to download and compile Jeremy's pv-ops dom0 kernel, bzImage
kernel image is compiled successfully for both 2.6.30 rc3 and 2.6.31 rc6.

However, when I tried to boot using bzImage kernel image, it complains of a
kernel panic on CPU0.

(XEN) *** LOADING DOMAIN 0 ***
(XEN) elf_init: not an ELF binary

I googled around and saw a posting saying to use vmlinux kernel image and
not the bzImage kernel image.

So I tried to use vmlinux in arch/x86/boot/compressed to boot but it did not
work.

Not disheartened, I proceeded to try vmlinux.bin as my kernel image.

Now I can successfully boot up the Xen Dom 0 pv-ops kernel, I can see Domain
0 using "xm list" and I can see the Ethernet bridge created and I can also
surf the internet using a text based browser.

However, I cannot start X server. It crashed. The system complains about
some libraries.

Any idea what goes wrong?

Regards,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics Engineering)
BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology Department
Asiasoft Online Pte Ltd
Tampines Central 1 #04-01 Tampines Plaza
Singapore 529541
Republic of Singapore
Mobile: +65-9648-9798
MSN: teoenming@xxxxxxxxxxx