Re: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0 work roadmap

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 01:12:10PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 08/18/09 13:07, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > I just built and booted the latest 2.6.31-rc6 based tree on Xen 3.4.1.
> > I'm using 32bit PAE dom0 (and Xen) as usual.
> >
> > Seems to work. I'll play some more with it tomorrow, install new guests etc.
> >

> Thanks,

Actually I already managed to try some PV guest installations using
virt-install. Both CentOS 5.3 and Fedora 11 PV domUs installed OK.

(There was a bug in libvirt of F11 dom0 causing virt-viewer to crash when using
Xen 3.4, but after I got that patched it was all fine).

One thing I noticed though: pv_ops dom0 kernel won't 'poweroff'.

Last lines of output on the console:

Halting system...
Power down.

But it doesn't power down.. this was under Xen 3.4.1.

> >> It would also useful to do regression testing on plain, unpatched,
> >> mainline, to make sure that any real bugfixes get merged promptly.
> >>

> > Same kernel also booted OK on baremetal without Xen.
> >

> That's useful to know, but I was referring to testing release 2.6.30.x
> kernels as well, just to make sure they still work.

Oh, OK. I'll try to test those aswell.

-- Pasi