Re: [Xen-devel] Xen help

  • To: Derek Riley <derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:00:44 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 03:01:14 -0700

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Derek
Riley<derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To re-iterate what I posted, xentrace appears to be a 1-way communication
> mechanism that goes the "wrong way" for what I need.  I need to be able to
> pass information from the user space to the Xen scheduler, and Xentrace does
> just the opposite.

Sure, xentrace copies data from the hypervisor and writes it to a
file.  But the same basic technique can be turned around: you can
write a new interface so that a program in dom0 can read data from a
file and feed it into the hypervisor, to be read by (if I recall
correctly) your new scheduler feature.

So, how might you adapt the basic technique xentrace uses to put stuff
into the hypervisor instead of taking out out of the hypervisor?

 -George