Re: [Xen-devel] Xen help

  • To: Derek Riley <derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:23:06 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:23:31 -0700

Derek,

You've twice been pointed to xentrace as an example of how to pass
information between Xen and a user-space program.  That uses the
general Xen "paradigm" of hypercalls, event channels, and shared
memory.  If you have more questions on how that works, or specific
advice for implementing a modified version that does "import", feel
free to ask those questions here.  Starting from scratch with the same
basic question isn't going to get you any further than it did the
first two times.

 -George