Keir Fraser wrote:
They did not.

 -- Keir

On 11/08/2009 00:20, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Geoff, et al --

Did these blkfront/blkback multi-page patches
ever make it upstream?

Thanks,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Lefebvre [mailto:geoffrey@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:57 PM
To: Samvel Yuri
Cc: Dutch Meyer; Samuel Thibault; xen-devel; Andrew Warfield
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] blkif shared ring

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Samvel Yuri
<samvelox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello Geoffrey-

Ahh, so Parallax project just do multi-page ring (and not
entirely another
set of shared ring).
Yes that's correct. We added a page to the existing ring.

am going to try 4 * PAGE_SIZE and see whether the box stays
alive. Were the

In our case going to a 4 pages ring didn't buy any additional
performance. With 2 pages we were pretty close to saturating the
gigabit link to the filer.

patches self
contained in blkfront & blkback? If possible a pointer to
blkfront & blkback
will be useful.

The patches for blkfront and back were pretty self contained. Blktap
was a bit more spread out because it changed user space code as well.
For blkfront/back, the most significant changes were to the ring setup
protocol to pass more than one grant reference. I might have time to
refresh the patches and post them to the list next week if that is of
interest to anyone.

cheers,

geoffrey

Paul Durrant, Software Engineer