Re: [Xen-devel] Xen IPC

  • To: Derek Riley <derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:20:48 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 07:21:16 -0700

I'm afraid the only documentation is the source code itself.  Look in
tools/xentrace.c, and xen/common/trace.c.  The basic idea is that the
page is a ring buffer with producer and consumer pointers.  Xen always
writes a record, then updates the producer; xentrace always reads a
record, then updates the consumer.  If incrementing the producer would
clobber a consumer, then Xen just drops the trace record.

Good luck,
 -George