RE: [Xen-devel] Possible bug, gplpv / pv-netdev

> >> Did you try another Xen version. Xen 3.4.1 should work better.
> >
> > Installing xen 3.4-testing as we speak.
> > This bug has been haunting me since 3.0, so I have little hope it'll
be
> > fixed..
>
> This will be a dom0 kernel issue, not a hypervisor issue, so upgrading
only
> Xen will not fix it.

Well... strictly speaking I think there is probably also a bug in GPLPV
that causes a situation that also triggers a bug in the Dom0 kernel.

During various stages of GPLPV development I have also been able to
completely crash Dom0 (as in hang and/or reboot) from the DomU.

I'm in the middle of investigating pvUSB support under GPLPV but once it
at least doesn't crash I'll have a look at this network bug and see if I
can find out what is causing it in DomU. Hopefully the fix in Dom0
should then be obvious (unless of course GPLPV is actually doing the
right thing and Dom0 just doesn't like more than one disable->enable
transitions)

James