Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen 3.4 multi-function pass-through tree, isn't working...

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:15:00PM +1000, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:22:19AM +0300, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
> > Simon,
> >
> > First of all, my workaround seems to work ok, so i think you should
> > consider including it anyway (if there was an exception during state
> > retrieval, then the state should be unknown, instead of throw an
> > exception). Do u think you will add this patch to the multi-function
> > code?
>
> I am certainly considering adding it if we can't determine why this
> happens. But it would be better to know why :-)
>
> > I'm reproducing this, on a Lenovo T500 machine, which is different
> > than your machine, since it also contains the 00:1a.2 device.
> > Also, i don't specify the devices to be pass-through in the boot line,
> > but rather, bind them to pciback after the machine boots.
>
> Thanks, I'll see if binding them after boot sheds any light on the problem.

Hi Tom,

unfortuantely binding devices to pci-back after booting dom0 didn't
help me to reproduce the problem.

I'm wondering if you could run a few tests to try and isolate the problem

1) Try passing through the PCI devices one by one to try and
   see which devices cause the problem that you are seeing and;

2) Do a bisection on the tree - say back to v3.4.1-rc6, to see
   which changeset is causing the problem.