Re: [Xen-devel] stubdomain questions

> Is it possible (or is it being planned) to put these functions inside the
> stubdomain too and completely eliminate the need of qemu-dm running in dom0?

In theory we could compile SDL into the stubdomain and let it connect to
the X server itself through TCP/IP. ÂThat however would be very far from
efficient, as you loose memory-memory video blitting and go through
network links.

VNC server used to be possible in stubdomains, but the configuration is
quite cumbersome: you have to assign the stubdomain an IP. Letting dom0
do this was much more simple, especially since dirtyness tracking is
still done by the stubdomain, not dom0's ioemu.

Samuel

So, in theory, if I didn't want VNC or SDL, and could like, have some video passthrough, could I simply not run qemu-dm?